Where are my morning people? I love the mornings. I generally wake up early and with a lot of energy. I can probably do more with 20 minutes at 8am than I can with an hour at 6pm.
Slow cooker recipes are great for people like me. Well, they are great for anyone but they are especially handy for people who like to prepare evening meals in the morning.
When I was writing my meal plan last week, (probably around 7 am) 😉 I glanced in the freezer and remembered a semi- boneless leg of lamb. Perfect! I have only roasted leg of lamb in the past. My husband likes to cut the leg into chunks for lamb curry or lamb pepper fry. This was my first time using it in the slow cooker and it came out great.
This is a super easy way to make lamb and I’m wondering why I haven’t been doing it forever!
I let the lamb rest in the slow cooker before shredding and then I mixed in some of the cooking liquid to help retain moisture.
My daughters both love lamb and my four year old could not keep her fingers away while I was working.
The herb sauce is a must. Lamb pairs so well with mint and cilantro. This sauce took me about 3 minutes and added tons of flavor to the dish.
I served the lamb shredded, on a bed of spinach, with roasted potatoes and broccoli, all topped with that delicious sauce.
I hope you enjoy!
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 springs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3lb semi-boneless leg of lamb
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Rub mixture over lamb.
- Add water to slow cooker. Place lamb on top. Add thyme springs to slow cooker on top of and around the lamb.
- Heat on low for 7-9 hours.
- In the meantime, mix all the ingredients for the herb sauce in a blender. Blend until sauce consistency. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Lamb should fall apart easily when finished. Shred lamb with two forks and mix with a bit of cooking liquid to keep moist.
- Serve lamb topped with herb sauce and enjoy!